The Altar Server ministry at St Paul Church and St Ann School is a wonderful way for your child to serve and participate in the Mass celebration. Our church is growing and we need altar servers not only for Sunday & School masses but also for the numerous weddings, quinceañeras and funerals that take place every week at our Church!
Our next training is Saturday, October 16th in the church at 10 AM.
We would ask that families/potential altar servers please consider the following beforehand:
- All altar servers should have received their first communion. This is a requirement.
- Altar servers will be expected to serve at Sunday masses at St. Paul Church
- Participation in Weddings, Quinceaneras and Funerals is on a volunteer basis
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for ensuring that their altar server arrives at the church 15 minutes before the scheduled mass and should be ready to assist them in dressing (at least until the child feels comfortable dressing themselves). Parents should attend mass when their child is altar serving in the event there is an emergency.
- A monthly altar server schedule will be sent out so parents are aware of what Sunday masses their child has been scheduled for. The altar server coordinator will request volunteers for special events on Saturdays. Should your child have a conflict, the parent must contact the altar server coordinator at least 48 hours before so that an alternate can be found.
Altar Servers play an important role in the Mass celebration. If you and your child would like to serve in this important role, please attend the trainings. Should you have any questions, please reach out to Adrienne De Leon, the altar server coordinator, at 312-480-8402 or fill out the form below and check the box for our ministry!